Have2Have.it has migrated to a new version of the Instagram API* (see footnote to learn more about API's) to provide a better and faster user experience. Facebook, which owns Instagram, is now requiring all users to log in through Facebook in order to use third-party apps for Instagram such as Have2have.it to give users an improved experience.
The current version of the Instagram API that Have2Have.it uses will expire on June 30, 2020, so we are moving all of our customers to the new API.
So please follow the instructions below:
This will only take a few minutes and will help you connect your posts to Instagram quicker and more efficiently. Don't let the name "Instagram Graph API" fool you, Facebook owns Instagram and has made changes to their system that make Instagram Graph API a requirement for posting your items on Instagram.
So to migrate over Instagram Graph APIs. Please follow the steps below:
- Click on the settings tab in the sidebar on your dashboard.
- Select subtab "Platforms" which is now visible in the sidebar.
- Now, click on the "Connect" button in the Facebook option block.
NOTE: Before getting connected to Facebook first link your Instagram account to a Facebook Page. If you want to know how to link your Instagram to a Facebook Page. Click this link, https://soldsie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041184852.
- After clicking on the "Connect" button. If your Facebook account is not logged in it will ask you to enter credentials otherwise will ask you to continue.
- If you proceed back to Settings > Platform, you will see a list of Facebook pages associated with the connected Facebook account.
- Now, select the Facebook Page you have connected to your Instagram account.
Now, your store started using Instagram Graph APIs for fetching Instagram posts and for all other things.
*An "API", for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, is the connection that shares data back and forth from two different applications / apps such as Have2have.it and Instagram. It's like using Bluetooth to connect your AirPods to your iPhone, but for software and apps.